Welcome to Endeavor Career’s GK Capsule for May 2021. In this blog, we will cover major news and happening of this month.
Most of the states in India were under complete lockdown for the entire month due to rising coronavirus cases and the new risk of black fungus infection.
Besides that, Cyclone, Tauktae, and Yass hit, causing further damage to the country. RBI has transferred the highest surplus since 2018-19 to the Union government at a risk buffer of 5.5%. WhatsApp has filed a case in Delhi High court against the Indian Government to block the implementation of the new IT rules.
Gautam Adani becomes the second richest Asian by adding $32 billion to his net worth in 2021. Amartya Sen has received Spain’s top award in the social sciences category.
Arjan Bhulhar became the first Indian-origin fighter to win a significant MMA world title. Finally, Nuklu Phom received Whitley Award for his work in wildlife conservation.
Internationally, Israel and Palestine broke out into fighting in the first week of this month. The Parliament in Nepal has dissolved as both the leaders failed to form a new government.
With rising hate crime against Asians in the USA, the parliament has passed a new law to tackle this situation. SpaceX has successfully launched and landed on the ground its Starship spacecraft. Laureus World Sports Awards 2021 was announced with Rafael Nadal and Naomi Osaka named as sportsperson of the year.
- Learn more about Endeavor’s GK Capsule.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Page and watch every major news update of this month.
- Check out important GK Lectures from our Free Learning Resources Section
To get every major news update of this month, kindly download the PDF.
Fill up the form and download GK Capsule
Recommended for you
- CAT 2022 Exam Analysis November 26, 2022
- Last Minute Tips for CAT 2022 November 21, 2022
- Endeavor Careers Choicest Blogs: Weekly Current Affairs: November 2022, Week 03 November 21, 2022
- GK Capsule October 2022 November 17, 2022
- Endeavor Careers Choicest Blogs: Weekly Current Affairs: November 2022, Week 02 November 14, 2022